CLT Concourse A Expansion and Renovation
Images courtesy of Charlotte Douglas International Airport
As part of the continued growth of Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT), the 229,807 square foot expansion and renovation of Concourse A is in progress and will be complete by the summer of 2018. This project will focus on the construction of nine (9) gates north of Concourse A, which will replace several existing gates and accommodate increased air service. A new concrete ramp and new taxi lanes will also be constructed to operate the new gates.
Arora Engineers, Inc. (Arora) was tasked with providing Electronic Video Information Display Systems (EVIDS) and Special Systems engineering services for the expansion and renovation.
SCOPE OF WORK INCLUDED:
The project, led by Gresham, Smith and Partners (GS&P), includes the development of contract documents and bid packages for signage and digital displays required in the areas of new construction. Arora’s scope of work includes:
- Providing the designs and specifications for the digital display elements.
- Providing the location details, hardware specifications, and associated infrastructure requirements, such as wiring, electrical loads, connections/attachment details, and associated information.
- Participating in the software selection “panel,” along with CLT stakeholders.
- Assisting CLT with developing evaluation criteria and a ranking matrix to help ensure the best software solution is selected.
The digital display elements to be designed, include:
- Interior gate identification signs (static and digital)
- “You are here” dynamic directories (digital)
- Flight Information Displays (FIDS)
- Optional video wall displays at jetway entrance gates