Hayes Playground Sprayground and Lighting
Arora Engineers, Inc. (Arora), serving as a subconsultant to NV5, was selected to provide Electrical and Plumbing Engineering Design services in support of the new sprayground equipment and lighting fixtures at Hayes Playground located at 9800 Roosevelt Blvd, Philadelphia, PA.
SCOPE OF SERVICES INCLUDED:
The base scope of work included providing plumbing and associated electrical design support for new sprayground equipment and electrical design for new lighting fixtures as follows:
- Survey the site to evaluate and document existing conditions.
- Request Hydrant Flow test from PWD.
- New water supply to the new spray pad with required backflow preventer.
- Locate and document shut off valve, drain valves for sprayground features.
- Provide piping to features, valves (including solenoid and bypass), controller, rain sensor and ancillary equipment as required for timed operation of spray features including provisions for winterization.
- Provide Plumbing riser diagram as required.
- Consultation regarding whether spray pad wastewater may go to storm system or must discharge into sanitary waste system.
- Plumbing equipment schedule.
- • Survey the site to evaluate and document existing conditions.
- Document changes required to the electrical service to support the new sprayground equipment and lighting fixtures as required.
- Prepare electrical panel schedules identifying over current protection devices, conductor/conduit sizes, and electrical characteristics as required.