News | Apr 13, 2018 | Arora
Randy Murphy Presents in the Netherlands at the Esri European Airport GIS Exchange
Randy Murphy, Arora’s Geospatial Practice Technical Lead, spoke at the Esri European Airport GIS Exchange on Friday, April 13, 2018 in Rotterdam, Netherlands. The GIS Exchange was a gathering of European Airports to discuss common interests and applications with an emphasis on 3D data and GIS-BIM-CAD interoperability.
Randy presented with Mark Ricketson, Woolpert’s Aviation Program Director, on using GIS, BIM, and CAD to develop geospatial data systems in a constantly changing airport environment. Their focus was on learning how these systems can be positively leveraged together to significantly benefit airports.
Other topics and presentations included:
- Integrating GIS, BIM, and CAD for Airport Management
- ArcGIS for Aviation: Airports
- Airport Information Model, Field Mobility, Obstruction Management, Signs & Markings
- Flight Plan for Airports – Introducing Geospatial IoT
- Building a 3D Airport: Landside, Terminal, Airside
- Presentations from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Airports of Paris, Avinor Oslo Airport, Dublin Airport Authority, and Swedavia Airports