More than a Quarter Century of Proven Leadership and Success!
- Arora Engineers, Inc. is established by Manohar (Mike) L. Arora, P.E., M.S., C.S.I., in the basement of his home in 1986 with the intent of offering quality service through teamwork, consistency, and responsiveness. The early portfolio included projects for DuPont Co. and other private sector clients.
- The following year, the company rents 600 SF of office space on Providence Road in Media, PA (Delaware County).
- Firm wins an On-Call Contract with the School District of Philadelphia; this is the first of many task order type contracts to come; it marks the beginning of Arora's true and tried process managing assignments of this nature.
- Arora obtains City of Philadelphia and SBA 8(a) minority business certification.
- In 1990, the company relocates to Chadds Ford, PA.
- Manik K. Arora, P.E., joins the firm in 1992.
- Arora opens construction management office at Philadelphia International Airport (PHL). We have maintained on-site operations at PHL since 1993.
- Arora's Special Systems Services Division meets clients' growing need for security and high tech solutions.
- Rajeev K. Arora, P.E., Executive Vice President, joins the firm in 2002.
- Arora expands its Fire Protection Services Division.
- Arora Systems Group, LLC formed in 2004 to provide facilities maintenance management services.
- Manik named as one of the Philadelphia Business Journal's 40 Under 40 on their 16th Annual List.
- Branch offices in Philadelphia, PA and Woodbridge, NJ open, allowing closer proximity to clients.
- Mike receives the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Pennsylvania Society of Professional Engineers on February 15, 2006. The award coincides with the 20th anniversary of Arora and celebrates Mike's nearly 40 years of dedication to the engineering profession.
- After a 2006 restructuring, roles within the firm switch, as: Mike is named Chairman of the Board; Manik becomes the President and CEO; and Raj is elevated to Executive Vice President.
- In 2007, Arora opens state-of-the-art 15,000 SF office facility in Chadds Ford, PA. Having designed the buildings systems and security, it becomes a mini-engineering lab of our own work. Features include a modern studio, learning classroom, and a workout room for employees.
- Arora was named by Zweig White to the 2007 and 2008 HOT FIRM List. This List recognizes the 200 fastest-growing architecture, engineering, planning, and environmental consulting firms in the United States and Canada.
- Raj named as the 2008 Young Engineer of the Year by the Delaware Valley Engineers' Week Council.
- Arora relocates its NJ operations to a larger space in Newark’s Gateway Center. This allows better access to clients, teaming partners, and mass transit.
- Manik Arora named 2010 Minority Business Leader by the Philadelphia Business Journal.
- Arora opens its Boston Office to better serve its Beantown clients.
- Happy Anniversary! Arora celebrates 25 years in business.
- Several key hires are made to expand the leadership of the firm, including a new Director of Operations, a Director of Transportation – Northeast Region, and a Director of Transportation – Midatlantic Region.
- Arora opens a Fort Lauderdale office, as east coast operations move south.