PHL Biometric Exits
Arora Engineers (Arora) was awarded a Prime contract by the City of Philadelphia Division of Aviation to provide engineering, project management and construction phase services at Philadelphia International Airport.
Under this agreement, Arora provided project management support for the installation of biometrics technology at Philadelphia International Airport (PHL). This assignment involved the installation of facial biometric technology at 25 boarding gates in Terminals A-East and A-West to help U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) process departing passengers on international flights safely and efficiently.
The facial biometrics process is designed to verify travelers’ identities by comparing a live photo to images that the traveler has already provided to the government, such as passport and visa photos. Biometrics technology has been installed and is operational at 10 gates.
SCOPE OF SERVICES INCLUDED:
Arora provided expert project management services for the biometric exit project, including:
- Overall project management support to PHL’s engineering manager during the planning, design & procurement of the project.
- Provided guidance to the consulting engineer regarding design and implementation characteristics respective to DOA requirements.
- Coordinated to verify and validate, through design review and construction review, that PHL’s requirements and expectations were met.
- Coordinated design review & delivery process with PHL engineering, operations, security, maintenance, IT and other stakeholder departments.
- Provided support during project bid opening, evaluation and procurement process.
- Interfaced with various departments at PHL including: security, engineering, CBP, TSA and construction groups.
- Provided planning, design and systems project management.
- Reviewed drawings to ensure compliance with project specifications and DOA security requirements.
- Generated weekly status reports.
- Reviewed payment invoices.