PHL Pavement & Grounds Facility
Arora Engineers, Inc. (Arora) is providing Mechanical, Electrical, Fire/Life Safety, Plumbing, and Special Systems Engineering Services as a subconsultant to AECOM, as well as Construction Management and Inspection Services for the new Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) Pavement and Grounds (P&G) Facility project.
This new P&G Facility (Building A) will be the headquarters for the crews that maintain PHL’s runways, taxiways, aprons, ramps, and roads. Building A is a one-story administration building of approximately 9,000 square feet that will provide office workspaces, men’s and women’s locker rooms with toilet and shower facilities, recreational and dining areas, support spaces and separate woman’s and men’s dayrooms. The building will also be equipped with HVAC, sprinklers, Life Safety, access control and security systems.
This $20 million project is scheduled to be completed by March 2023.
SCOPE OF SERVICES INCLUDED:
Arora’s Scope of Services for this facility project includes Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire/Life Safety, and Special Systems Engineering services, as follows:
- Arora’s documents will reflect a Code compliant design based upon the current Program found in the Basis of Design Report and subsequent design and review meetings.
- Arora will reflect security and access requirements in accordance with PHL and TSA standards and regulations.
- Arora will provide site lighting design for the complex.
- Arora will provide security and CCTV design in accordance with P&G objectives.
Arora will provide the following Construction Administration Phase services:
- Attend the Construction Kick-Off Meeting at the site or the DOA Engineering office or on-line.
- Review submittals and shop drawings once for conformance to the Contract Documents.
- Arora will attend Construction Meetings, when requested by AECOM, either on-site or virtually as determined, taking into consideration the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Arora will provide a Record Set of drawings incorporating As-Built information provided by the Contractors at the end of construction activities.
Renderings by AECOM