News | Aug 11, 2022 | Christine Furey
Upcoming ACC Airfield Electrical Vaults Webinar
Arora Engineers (Arora) will be presenting the upcoming Airport Consultants Council (ACC) Webinar “Airfield Electrical Vaults – The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly” on August 18, 2022 at 1:00 PM (EDT).
If the airfield lighting system had a heart, it would be the airfield electrical vault. Supplying most of the power and controls for the airfield to operate during night and IFR conditions, this critical piece of infrastructure comes in various forms and can be complex as well as daunting. When scoping and designing airfield electrical work, it is crucial to understand the airfield electrical vault(s). When the project requires vault modifications or replacement it is imperative to understand the vault’s physical construction, equipment layout, control systems, supporting needs, good practices, ideal location, and potential design pitfalls, etc. This ACC webinar will provide a general overview of these topics, reviewing elements of FAA AC 150/5370-10H Item L-109, NFPA 70 National Electric Code, as well as a selection of observed example applications that could be labeled “The Good”, “The Bad”, and “The Ugly”.
At the end of this ACC webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Specify common airfield electrical equipment vault construction types and locations.
- Recognize common airfield electrical equipment found in electrical vaults.
- Identify common vault equipment layout strategies and requirements.
- Prevent common mistakes in vault design leading to operational difficulties.
- Apply knowledge gained to scope new airfield electrical vault capital improvements and engage airfield electrical engineers.
Date and Time: August 18, 2022 at 1:00 PM (EDT)
- Speaker: David Williams, P.E., RCDD, LEED AP, ACE, Airfield Electrical Practice Lead
- Speaker: Glenn Anderson, ACE, Airfield Electrical Development Lead and Sr. Designer
- Participant: Patrick Licklider, PE, CEM, LEED AP BD+C, GGP, WELL AP, Electrical Practice Lead
Registration: To register for this webinar, click here.